Organizing Tip #2
Tip #2 of our 10 Tips we will be providing over the next few weeks.
2) When evaluating an item, ask yourself have I used it in the last year, do I really need it or does it bring me great pleasure?
Have I used it?
Let’s take closets for a starting point…if you are honest with yourself, there are probably some articles of clothing that have been there for at least 5 years and are just collecting dust and taking up valuable space.
- If you haven’t worn it in the past year, you should seriously consider donating it.
- Turn the hangars backwards after you wear an item, and at the end of a year you’ll have a good picture of what you have used and what should be considered for donating.
- If it is the wrong size, you should consider getting rid of it.
- If it’s torn or needs a button, pull it out and get it fixed. Don’t let it just sit in your closet unable to be worn.
- If it’s stained, throw it out.
Do I really need it?