Many of our clients wonder why hire a senior move manager and specifically, what services are offered. ShipShape Organize is proud to be a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) and the National Association of Productivity Organizers (NAPO). When it comes to downsizing and moving to a smaller location or a retirement community, it can be a daunting task. Many clients can’t do it themselves and they don’t want to impose on their family. That’s where we come in. The NASMM website sums it up perfectly:
- “NASMM members specialize in helping older adults and their families with the daunting process of downsizing and moving to a new residence.
- NASMM members are experienced professionals, bound by a pledge of integrity, committed to safety and ethics, and dedicated to continuing professional development.
- NASMM members will move you expertly, compassionately, and affordably.”
“Senior Move Management is the profession that assists older adults and their families with the emotional and physical aspects of relocation and/or “aging in place.” Senior Move Managers® require a profound commitment to connecting with older adults and a desire to perform meaningful work.”
- Developing an overall move or “age in place” plan
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing
- Arranging for the disposal of unwanted items through consignment or donation
- Interviewing, scheduling and overseeing movers
- Arranging shipments and storage
- Supervise and oversight of professional packing
- Unpacking and setting up the new home
- Related services, such as helping prepare the home to be sold
Check out our complete list of services here.
We are here to help make our clients transition a smooth one and have handled hundreds of senior moves. Give us a call at 978-314-6410 (North Shore office) or 978-771-0527 (Boston office) for a free phone consultation.