Organizing Tools a Professional Organizer uses in her own home
Being rather organized in my own life, I thought it would be helpful to share with you my favorite organizing tools, that I use on a regular basis to keep myself, as well as my family neat, tidy, clutter-free and Ship Shape.
1. Shredder: (cross cut models) This is a must use piece of hardware for everyones’ household. Documents found in trash reveal all sorts of personal and private information.
2. Label Maker: (Brother P-touch-2400 with .47” white tape, black ink) gives a clean look that is easily readable.
3. Family Home Binder: lists each room separately and includes paint colors, wallpaper patterns, light fixtures, furniture manufacturers and anything I might someday want to know where and when I purchased in case there is a need to replace or duplicate.
4. 3-Ring Binder with Monthly Dividers: keeps copies of bills and/or investment statements.
5. Colored “Notes”: (on my iPad or iPhone) or Colored “Stickies” (on my laptop) to keep track of lists and To-Do’s.
6. Lazy Susans: holds spices, cooking oils, etc. and during meal time it helps rotate the condiments.
7. Contractor Bags: (4 ml. thickness makes them difficult to tear or break apart) as well as all sizes of Ziplock bags to contain small items, such as paper clips, highlighters, sharpie, wires, rubber bands, kitchen items, etc.
8. Shrink Bags: to store excess blankets, comforters and childrens’ clothes you want to preserve and protect.
9. Clear Plastic Bins: all the same size so they can easily be stacked in my attic or basement and not be exposed to any mold or mildew.
10. Trash Compactor: I fought against buying one, but now that I do own one I love it! Our town only allows one garbage can full of trash every two weeks, so compacting is a great solution.
Let us know your Favorite Organizing Tools or Tips.
Thanks, Deb Bernier